We all love ‘Bhajjies‘, best served hot with chutney, as evening snacks along with a glass of hot steaming ‘chaaya‘ !
You can find variety of Pakodas / Bhajjies in Indian cuisine which are made with combination of different spices and vegetables.
Maida Bhajjies are crispy and golden brown from outside and so creamy from inside that they will melt in your mouth. It’s a quick snack recipe, ideal for parties and evening snacks. Crispy Maida Pakoda does not require any prep work as it’s too easy to make with minimum ingredients, that are common in our kitchens.
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 Cup
- Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves / Curry Leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Baking Soda – 1/ 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a wide bowl, add Maida / All-purpose flour.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chillies and coriander/curry leaves.
- Add salt and baking soda and mix everything well. Baking soda makes it fluffy and crispy.
- Add water little by little to make thick batter. Consistency should be such that it can be scooped out.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, scoop the batter and put it in hot oil. Fry till it is golden brown, turning the balls at regular intervals.
- Take it out and put it in tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with sauce along with hot tea/coffee.